GOSS this Wednesday: Dan Summers, "A RSK-Y Proposition"

D. Zack Garza

Jul 12, 2021, 10:30:21 AM7/12/21
to GOSS 2021
Dear all,

Our next talk will be this Wednesday, July 14th from 3-4 PM EST, see below for more info.

You can find the schedule of upcoming talks and speakers here, and past talks on the YT channel. Please also glance over participant guidelines and code of conduct on the seminar website before joining!

-----------------

Speaker:
Dan Summers

Title:
A RSK-Y Proposition

Abstract:
In this talk, we will discuss two areas of mathematics, Algebra and Combinatorics, which have been paired together with great results.  We present two sets of combinatorial objects which are equinumerous, the Robinson–Schensted–Knuth correspondence between these two sets, and how the RSK correspondence can produce an unexpected result about the product of two polynomials.  Along the way, we examine some of the algebraic and combinatorial properties of the symmetric polynomials.

-----------------

Zoom Info:
https://zoom.us/j/96313239406?pwd=clZUeTN5L2ZtT0E2OTlQZjM5dGdtUT09

Password:
MATHGOSS

D. Zack Garza

Jul 14, 2021, 12:39:43 PM7/14/21
to GOSS 2021
Hi all,

Just a reminder that Dan is speaking today at 3 EST, meeting info below: