GOSS this Wednesday: Neal Coleman, "Transitioning from Academia to Industry"

D. Zack Garza

Jul 27, 2021, 8:59:20 PM7/27/21
to GOSS 2021
Dear all,

Our next talk will be this Wednesday, July 28th from 3-4 PM EST, see below for more details.

You can find the schedule of upcoming talks and speakers here, and past talks on the YT channel. Please also glance over participant guidelines and code of conduct on the seminar website before joining!

-----------------

Speaker:
Neal Coleman

Title:
Transitioning from Academia to Industry

Abstract:
Having earned a PhD but now working in data science and software engineering, I'll share:

- My own experiences

- Academia & industry: compare/contrast culture and expectations

- Skills: Transferable vs non-transferable

At the end of the talk, I hope you'll be in a better position to make an informed decision about post-graduate career decisions.

Zoom Info:
https://zoom.us/j/96313239406?pwd=clZUeTN5L2ZtT0E2OTlQZjM5dGdtUT09

Password:
MATHGOSS