When is gOS 4.0 coming out?

The questionator

Sep 23, 2009, 6:50:51 PM9/23/09
to gOS Linux
Is there any news about it?

James Wilson

Sep 23, 2009, 7:40:52 PM9/23/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
I tried gOS and didn't see any difference with ubuntu. why don't you
install ubuntu 9.10?

Cheng Jack

Sep 24, 2009, 10:16:24 PM9/24/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
I tried gOG and ubuntu 8.0, prefer ubuntu.
intall 9.1, need download the all iso, or  upgrade only ?

James Wilson

Sep 25, 2009, 3:14:42 AM9/25/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
I always do a complete installing and format the entire hard disk. But that's just using windows and  i always formate the entire C partition. is your ubuntu running well?

Cheng Jack

Sep 25, 2009, 4:09:14 AM9/25/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
James,
Thanks
I am running ubuntu 8.0 smoothly in old machine( intel PIII ), It spent my lot of time to adjust, If need do a complete installing and format the entire H.D., I will add to another H.D. to  try.

James Wilson

Sep 25, 2009, 8:09:31 AM9/25/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
if you don't need ubuntn 9.10 that bad, why upgrade? after all it's a
pretty old pc. by the way, are you Chinese?

Cheng Jack

Sep 25, 2009, 11:50:06 AM9/25/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
It needs much time to do it, I live in Keelung Taiwan. Are you ?

James Wilson

Sep 25, 2009, 9:24:05 PM9/25/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
I live in the mainland

Cheng Jack

Sep 26, 2009, 5:32:38 AM9/26/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
Dear James,
Which city do you live ?

James Wilson

Sep 26, 2009, 6:49:57 AM9/26/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
Shenyang city , Liao Ning province.

Cheng Jack

Sep 26, 2009, 11:49:55 PM9/26/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
I have not visited ubuntu for a long time, It is easy to upgrade from version 8.04 to 9.04.
Now, I am waiting for PC's Android and gOS cloud, since I thought ubuntu still too heavy to run on screen. My old machine has independent 256M of display card with 375 DRAM, even though download speed is same as new "dual core" machine, old machine displays on screen has lag problem.
Would you have better recommend ?

James Wilson

Sep 27, 2009, 12:25:16 AM9/27/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
If money is not a problem why not buying a new one?

On 9/27/09, Cheng Jack <klngpo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have not visited ubuntu for a long time, It is easy to upgrade from
> version 8.04 to 9.04.Now, I am waiting for PC's Android and gOS cloud, since

Cheng Jack

Sep 27, 2009, 4:59:33 AM9/27/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
It's funny !
Spend the in balance.
Money always is problem.
Do you think ?

James Wilson

Sep 27, 2009, 7:17:22 PM9/27/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, always. esp. for a college student like me