Even Microsoft does not trust his own Operating System

Pendekar Kelana

Sep 23, 2009, 9:03:51 AM9/23/09
to gOS Linux
Use net craft to see what OS does Microsoft use to host his web
servers?
Try this http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://search.microsoft.com

It is hosted on Linux....bye bye microsoft...

James Wilson

Sep 23, 2009, 7:44:06 PM9/23/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
But desktop linux will never beat windows if they keep using those
terminals and such a lack of comercial softwares

Ron Sinclair

Sep 23, 2009, 1:22:28 PM9/23/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
I believe it has been that way for years and is common knowledge...

Ron Sinclair

Sep 23, 2009, 7:57:08 PM9/23/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
I don't see what MS uses as a webserver has to do with anything, much less beating Windows "if they keep using those terminals and such a lack of commercial softwares".

Really, all of this is old news.

James Wilson

Sep 24, 2009, 12:07:32 AM9/24/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
But not all pc users can read and use English and they often use
windows before they meet linux.

James Wilson

Sep 24, 2009, 12:09:23 AM9/24/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
Windows is for everyone while linux is for computer geeks and web servers

Ron Sinclair

Sep 24, 2009, 11:01:52 AM9/24/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
Whatever floats your boat...

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 24, 2009, at 12:09 AM, James Wilson <wowjame...@gmail.com>

Frank Newman

Sep 24, 2009, 2:44:37 PM9/24/09
to gosl...@googlegroups.com
How long since you last checked out linux? That was true a few years ago but I am no geek and switched over to linux from XP with no problems. The latest programs are fast approaching commercial offerings and almost everything can be done through the GUI - I can't remember when I last had to use the terminal.
Frank

2009/9/24 James Wilson <wowjame...@gmail.com>

--
Frank Newman
0151 608 6329

happypwc

Sep 25, 2009, 8:35:00 AM9/25/09
to gOS Linux
I agree. I have switched over to Ubuntu linux. I have resolved all the
compatibility issues that used to me a concern with linux years ago. I
keep XP on my old dell laptop but my desktop is all linux. It used to
be the other way around.

It has come along way and the furure looks great.

Wireless is not an issue with linux. Prinitng too.

What I like is that Linux, esp. ubuntu, allows me more computer
resources than Windows did.

There is a small learning curve for people who like to have every
aspect of their computer customized but not much. A simple Google
Search to a task and take a few notes and within a minute or two the
tasked is learned and complete.

My laptop has the latest virus updates, firewalls, etc and it still
gets bogged down sometimes. It is funny, I use my Linux with Clam
Virus scanner to clean up hard drive viruses for family and friends.