Network Driver

Rebel

Aug 25, 2009, 7:27:19 AM8/25/09
to gOS Linux
Hello!

I'm not quite a Linux newbie, and consider myself a geek, but I'm
having trouble running my network controller.

Here are my specs:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WLH&osl=EN&catid=5&impid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=STUDIO1735&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&TabIndex=

I was able to connect via ethernet, however I'm heading off to college
and ethernet won't exactly be available.
When I did a "Test Hardware", both the ethernet as well as the
wireless showed up correctly. However, in
"Edit Wireless Settings" no connection points show up.

I attempted updating the driver using the linux drivers available on
the dell site, but the directions were confusing
and "make" wouldn't work.

Anywho, any help would be appreciated as I really love this
distribution! Especially once I get chrome running!

Aaron><>♥inChrist