EEE Pc 900 wireless problems

pete

Jan 22, 2009, 6:03:48 PM1/22/09
to gOS Linux
I've recently installed gOS 3.1 gadgets via unetbooting on my Asus EEE
pc 900
When clicking on the network manager there is no option for Wireless
Networks. If i click on manual connection, there is only 'Wired
connection' and 'Point to point connection' options

I tried to follow the instructions in http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu
which has helped me with these problems in the past with no luck

Going to System Preferences > Administation > Hardware Drivers there
are 2 drivers in there -

' Atheros Harware Access Layer (HAL) '
' Support for Atheros 802.11 wireless LAN cards '

Both of these are Enabled and In Use
Does this mean the Drivers are there? How do i make them an option in
the Network Manager?
I've check if the Wifi card is enabled in bios as this was the issue
last time and was a simple solve and it is Enabled

Can anyone offer suggestions on how to get the wireless working? if i
could do this i think this would happily become my OS of choise for my
eee pc

regards
-pete

ergalassi

Jan 25, 2009, 10:05:31 AM1/25/09
to gOS Linux
pete,

i manage to fix this problem by installing madwifi driver, as follows:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential
wget 'http://snapshots.madwifi-project.org/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6/
madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6-r3917-20090116.tar.gz'
tar zxvf madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6-r3917-20090116.tar.gz
cd madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6-*
make clean
make
sudo make install

after that my wireless is working perfectly.

ps: my hardware drivers looks just like yours, however they are not in
use.