Compiz doesn't work on eee pc (701)

Legendtofski

Sep 5, 2009, 3:57:20 AM9/5/09
to gOS Linux
I've installed gOS, replacing the excellent eeebuntu. Anyway all seems
to work, despite some problems with refresh rate on graphics
ocassionally, but the main issue I'm having is that Compiz doesn't
work and I would like to have the 3D cube or spaces that appear on the
gOS screenshots page.

When you go to 'arreance'..'visual effects'..a popup says 'compiz
cannot be enabled'..HOw do you make it enabled in gOS on the eeepc
701?

Thanks

mahjongg

Sep 5, 2009, 4:57:48 PM9/5/09
to gOS Linux
This question has been answered already, here:

http://forum.thinkgos.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3

Basically, gOS already has a composer running (to assist google
gadgets), and this blocks compiz.
You need to prevent the built in composer from being started at
bootup.