Consensus on Transaction Commit

Matthew Sackman

Jan 13, 2016, 3:58:07 AM1/13/16
to gosh...@googlegroups.com
As some of you are probably aware, one of the key algorithms in
GoshawkDB is the use of Paxos Synod in place of two-phase-commit. This
idea is explained in an excellent paper by Gray and Lamport in 2004/5.

I'm pleased to say Adrian Colyer, who runs the very popular "Morning
Paper" blog series, which is well worth a look, covered this paper
today:
http://blog.acolyer.org/2016/01/13/consensus-on-transaction-commit/
and even mentioned GoshawkDB in passing!

If you're interested a bit more in some of the algorithms behind
GoshawkDB, that's certainly worth a read. I've also recently written a
blog post covering how the core transaction engine in GoshawkDB has been
developed and tested, which may also be of interest to you.
https://goshawkdb.io/blog.html#20160111

Matthew