Re: [gorilla] securecookie.cookieError{typ:2, msg:"the value is not valid", cause:error(nil)}

Matt S

Jan 8, 2019, 8:20:10 AM1/8/19
to goril...@googlegroups.com
Would you be able to create this as an issue over on

I would also suggest using gorilla/sessions unless you had a specific need for the lower-level API of securecookie.

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 1:37 AM Yasin Shuman <em...@yasin.io> wrote:
Hi, I'm pretty new. I am trying to use the code from https://github.com/gorilla/securecookie to create a cookie and then later decode the info.

I have been able to encode the cookie but am unable to properly decode it. I am getting the following error:
securecookie.cookieError{typ:2, msg:"the value is not valid", cause:error(nil)}

here is a link to my function that contains the decoding snippet in it. https://gist.github.com/yshuman1/47a383b686dee58bc51d679a191e4f56
I am able to confirm the cookie exists and is properly encoded by another function. If I am neglecting to include any valuable info please let me know and thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to try to help me figure this out.