Re: Digest for gorespringsschool@googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 1 Topic

Jackie M/MS

Dec 29, 2012, 10:16:05 PM12/29/12
to gorespri...@googlegroups.com
Hey Joy, I am still on Google. I have gmail.

Had a great Christmas.  You and yours have a wonderful New Year.
Love and friendship,
Jackie Durham Moran

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:03 AM, <gorespri...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/gorespringsschool/topics

    Joy <jmti...@gmail.com> Dec 28 03:09PM -0800

    I pray that all is well with each of you.
    I think about all the members of the Gore Springs School Google Group
    as I realize we have all fled to John Rundle Facebook.
    David Sturgis never attended Gore Springs School but he moved to Gore
    Springs when his family bought Charles Grady Ligon's store on
    Graysport Road.
    It is my understanding that David has throat cancer, now.
    Please remember him in your prayers.
    Thinking about the reunion this past year at Gore Springs School,
    Nanette Laster emailed me and told me that Homer Dale Trussell came by
    the Grenada Star and stated that identification was incorrect on
    several names for the GGS Reunion picture.
    I emailed Nanette and told her that Homer Dale Trussell had crossed
    Jordan.
    Nanette replied that she was glad that it wasn't Homer Dale, then.
    I will share this with Homer Dale when I cross Jordan.
    I wonder is anyone still reads messages from the Google Group.
    Happy New Year everyone!
    Joy

    Joy <jmti...@gmail.com> Dec 28 03:12PM -0800

    Posted from John Rundle High School Facebook:

    Especially to all of my Gore Springs and JRHS class of 65 friends, I
    wanted to let you know that I just found out that David Sturgis was
    diagnosed with lung cancer last April and is undergoing intensive
    treatment. David and I were friends in high school and became best
    friends at MSU. David served a stint in the Army then completed his BS
    and law degrees at Ole Miss. After that he graduated from the New York
    School of of Law with a advanced degree in tax law. Since then he has
    been a partner in a Darian, Connecticut law firm. A few years ago,
    while working on a projest in Trento, NJ, I spent the weekend with
    him. David was a smoker in his 20's but hasn't smoked for over 40
    years. So, if any of you who had relatives die of lung cancer, please
    get regular annual exams. If anyone should have been diagnosed with
    chest cancer, it should be me. I don't have family history of lung
    cancer.
    Danny Thorpe

    Joy <jmti...@gmail.com> Dec 28 03:14PM -0800

    I wish you would let me know if you are still here by replying to this
    message.
    I do not know how much longer we will be here.
    Joy

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group gorespringsschool.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

Ray Foshee

Dec 30, 2012, 10:20:03 PM12/30/12
to gorespri...@googlegroups.com
Ms. Joy I am sorry that I have neglected to reply. I just absolutely forgot. I do enjoy reading the Grenada group but I didn't go to school with a lot of them that are on there. With that said I am partial to the Gore Springs site and would love to see more take part. Thanks so much for all you do in keeping us informed. I do what you do with my former high school in Memphis as well and with my retired railroad buddies.

Joy

Dec 31, 2012, 6:58:45 AM12/31/12

On Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:20:03 PM UTC-6, ray.f...@aol.com wrote:
Ms. Joy I am sorry that I have neglected to reply. I just absolutely forgot. I do enjoy reading the Grenada group but I didn't go to school with a lot of them that are on there. With that said I am partial to the Gore Springs site and would love to see more take part. Thanks so much for all you do in keeping us informed. I do what you do with my former high school in Memphis as well and with my retired railroad buddies.

Dec 31, 2012, 7:00:35 AM12/31/12
to gorespri...@googlegroups.com
Jackie,
Thank you.  And, I hope you and yours have a wonderful New Year.
We still look for you at the Gore Springs School Reunion every year.
Joy