My thoughts ...................

Joy

Dec 28, 2012, 6:09:05 PM12/28/12
to Gore Springs School
I pray that all is well with each of you.
I think about all the members of the Gore Springs School Google Group
as I realize we have all fled to John Rundle Facebook.
David Sturgis never attended Gore Springs School but he moved to Gore
Springs when his family bought Charles Grady Ligon's store on
Graysport Road.
It is my understanding that David has throat cancer, now.
Please remember him in your prayers.
Thinking about the reunion this past year at Gore Springs School,
Nanette Laster emailed me and told me that Homer Dale Trussell came by
the Grenada Star and stated that identification was incorrect on
several names for the GGS Reunion picture.
I emailed Nanette and told her that Homer Dale Trussell had crossed
Jordan.
Nanette replied that she was glad that it wasn't Homer Dale, then.
I will share this with Homer Dale when I cross Jordan.
I wonder is anyone still reads messages from the Google Group.
Happy New Year everyone!
Joy

Joy

Dec 28, 2012, 6:12:13 PM12/28/12
to Gore Springs School
Posted from John Rundle High School Facebook:

Especially to all of my Gore Springs and JRHS class of 65 friends, I
wanted to let you know that I just found out that David Sturgis was
diagnosed with lung cancer last April and is undergoing intensive
treatment. David and I were friends in high school and became best
friends at MSU. David served a stint in the Army then completed his BS
and law degrees at Ole Miss. After that he graduated from the New York
School of of Law with a advanced degree in tax law. Since then he has
been a partner in a Darian, Connecticut law firm. A few years ago,
while working on a projest in Trento, NJ, I spent the weekend with
him. David was a smoker in his 20's but hasn't smoked for over 40
years. So, if any of you who had relatives die of lung cancer, please
get regular annual exams. If anyone should have been diagnosed with
chest cancer, it should be me. I don't have family history of lung
cancer.
Danny Thorpe

Joy

Dec 28, 2012, 6:14:00 PM12/28/12
to Gore Springs School
I wish you would let me know if you are still here by replying to this
message.
I do not know how much longer we will be here.
Joy
> > Joy- Hide quoted text -

Mike Maxey

Dec 29, 2012, 12:39:59 PM12/29/12
to gorespri...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information, Joy.  Sorry to hear that David has throat cancer.

Mike

Joy Tippit

Dec 29, 2012, 1:26:08 PM12/29/12
to gorespri...@googlegroups.com
Mike,
I have told no one that I identified several incorrectly in the GSS Reunion pictures.  Only you, Nanette Laster, and
Eugene Trussell know.
Our secret, Mike.
Seriously, I am going to get David's address and send him a card.
By the way, you are always there when it counts.
You are my friend.
Joy

Sent from my iPhone