Jackie Austin Weibly

Joy

Dec 31, 2012, 7:09:48 AM12/31/12
to gorespri...@googlegroups.com
I have commented on the JRHS about Jackie Weibly.
I think Mary Edna, W. E. and Ethel should remember Jackie.
Jackie Austin Weibly entertained the Yalobusha Historical Society for the Christmas program.
She sang on WNAG in the fifties.
Her senior year she transferred to a high school in Memphis where she sang on the radio.
She attended John Rundle and lived on Pecan Street at the same time we lived on Adams Street in Grenada before moving to Gore Springs.
She mailed me background information for my summary for the newspapers.
I just thought this might spark a memory with some of you since WNAG was the radio station in Grenada.
I don't think we could hear WNAG at night in Gore Springs.
Take care all,
Joy

mary windham

Jan 1, 2013, 7:54:35 PM1/1/13
to gorespri...@googlegroups.com
Bill remembers them more than I do.

Joy Tippit

Jan 1, 2013, 8:51:36 PM1/1/13
to gorespri...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Ethel.
Mary Edna emaile me, and she remembers Jackie.

Sent from my iPhone

June Monteith

Jan 1, 2013, 9:14:02 PM1/1/13
to gorespri...@googlegroups.com
Joy,
Joe & I have the pleasure of listening to Jackie every Sunday at church!  We enjoy every minute!!!
Joe & June