Sad News.............Mrs. Rose

Joy

Jun 10, 2012, 2:55:15 PM6/10/12
to Gore Springs School
It is my understanding that Mrs. Louise Rose passed away this morning.
Emily Clark Vineyard posted her death on Facebook.
Heartfelt sympathy is extended to the Rose, Clark, Cook, and
Dinkelacker Families.
Mrs. Rose was an excellent teacher and an inspiration to many.
Joy

Burns Strider

Jun 10, 2012, 2:57:15 PM6/10/12
to gorespri...@googlegroups.com
Is this the Ms Rose who taught elementary at Kirk in the '70's?

Burns Strider

Joy

Jun 10, 2012, 3:10:25 PM6/10/12
to Gore Springs School
Yes, Burns, Mrs. Rose taught in the Grenada Public Schools, and, then,
Kirk after Gore Springs School closed.
Joy

On Jun 10, 1:57 pm, Burns Strider <bstri...@eleisongroup.com> wrote:
> Is this the Ms Rose who taught elementary at Kirk in the '70's?
>
> Burns Strider
>
> On Jun 10, 2012, at 2:55 PM, Joy <jmtip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > It is my understanding that Mrs. Louise Rose passed away this morning.
> > Emily Clark Vineyard posted her death on Facebook.
> > Heartfelt sympathy is extended to the Rose, Clark, Cook, and
> > Dinkelacker Families.
> > Mrs. Rose was an excellent teacher and an inspiration to many.
> > Joy

Burns Strider

Jun 10, 2012, 3:16:25 PM6/10/12
to gorespri...@googlegroups.com
Ahhh. What a kind, precious person. Her care and love toward all of us students is memorable. I didn't have her but she made all of us her own on the playground and the halls...

Burns Strider
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

June Monteith

Jun 11, 2012, 8:58:29 AM6/11/12
to gorespri...@googlegroups.com
Joy,
I have two remembrances of Mrs. Rose which have always stayed with me.
(1)I was in Mrs. Rose 1st and 2nd grade class with Donald Sultan, David Haille, and others way back in '45.  I think we drove her crazy.  I came from a home with 6 uncles (Richardsons) and was I ever a tomboy!!!  I  remember that we had recess late in the afternoon about 20 minutes before school was dismissed.  We decided one day to just stay outside and play instead of going back inside.  She just happened to ride the same school bus that I did. She never came for us but when school was dismissed and everyone got on the bus she made sure she sat next to me on the ride home.  She gave me a good talking to and then said "I have your school picture but I don't think I will give it to you."  I knew if I didn't get that picture I was in big trouble.  I guess that I looked very grief stricken because she finally gave it to me after a few minutes (which seemed like an eternity to me) of letting me suffer.  I don't ever remember her raising her voice although I am sure she did.  She was always such a sweet, southern lady.
(2)My mother took me to N.J. when I was 10 and I lived there for 17 years before I returned home.  She was then teaching at Kirk.  I went to see her one day and when I walked into her room I began to introduce myself.  She stopped me and said "I know who you are, give me a minute."  It wasn't even a minute and she then said "You are a Richardson".  We had such a nice visit (short though because she was in class and I had to get back to my class at Tie Plant).  She was so thrilled that I had become a teacher of the little ones.
June Roberts Monteith

Jun 11, 2012, 9:20:23 AM6/11/12
to Gore Springs School
June,
Rosemary Leverette Replogle reminded me several years ago that Mrs.
Rose always referred to her students as "little people". I had
forgotten this.
You know Mr. Howard raised tomato plants and hired some of the youth
to pick the plants for him for thirty cents an hour. Mrs. Rose worked
with us to keep us working. I didn't last too long. I decided I had
rather dip minnows, pump gas, and fill up the drink box. I tried it
for a day or two.
We have Mrs Rose memories stored in older topics, here.
Thanks for the memories, June.
It is always good to hear from you.
J.