How many people are using goproxy in transparent mode?

Elazar Leibovich

Apr 8, 2015, 2:04:20 AM4/8/15
to gopro...@googlegroups.com
I'm contemplating whether to add websockets support for transparent proxy mode.

This is not a normal proxy behavior per se (Websocket requests are using CONNECT in real proxy), but if people are using goproxy in transparent mode (i.e., redirect HTTP requests directly to the proxy, using firewall rules), then this needs to be supported by default.

See issue #72

Matthew Zimmerman

Apr 8, 2015, 5:52:56 AM4/8/15
to Elazar Leibovich, gopro...@googlegroups.com

I will need this.  Thanks for your work.

Timothy Van Heest

Aug 24, 2015, 7:42:17 PM8/24/15
to goproxy-dev, ela...@gmail.com
Websocket support would be helpful to me too.  There are a couple go libraries out there that seem to do websocket proxying to some degree:

But having this working within a single listener would be very convenient.