TCP keep-alive example

Patrick Mézard

Apr 19, 2015, 8:40:28 AM4/19/15
to gopro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I understand the sokeepalive[1] example demonstrates how to enable TCP keep-alive on connections, but when do you want to do that? Websockets/long polling connections?

[1] https://github.com/elazarl/goproxy/blob/master/examples/goproxy-sokeepalive/sokeepalive.go

--
Patrick Mézard

Elazar Leibovich

Apr 19, 2015, 1:28:02 PM4/19/15
to Patrick Mézard, gopro...@googlegroups.com
You almost never not want to do this specific thing, unless you have some very specific needs, i.e., a custom upgrade protocol.

This is just an example of how to get custom TCP connections with goproxy.

The original request, which was sent privately to me, was to load balance the HTTP request through a specific network card. This can be accomplished by similar methodology.

Thanks for your PRs and questions.