What GopherJS can do for me

Richard Eng

Feb 29, 2016, 9:37:59 PM2/29/16
to GopherJS
What's a great example of a production GopherJS web application that showcases GopherJS? A URL would be nice. Thanks.

Richard Eng

Mar 1, 2016, 11:13:45 PM3/1/16
to GopherJS
Nothing? Okay, at this point I'll settle for any GopherJS web app that demonstrates the language's power for front-end development. Surely, someone can show me something...

Egon Elbre

Mar 2, 2016, 1:16:18 AM3/2/16
to GopherJS
On Wednesday, 2 March 2016 06:13:45 UTC+2, Richard Eng wrote:
Nothing? Okay, at this point I'll settle for any GopherJS web app that demonstrates the language's power for front-end development. Surely, someone can show me something...

If you can do it in JS, then you can do it in GopherJS applies.

This http://www.gopherjs.org/play/ works completely in a browser.

Look through https://github.com/gopherjs and their tests/examples.

+ Egon

Richard Eng

Mar 2, 2016, 11:57:04 AM3/2/16
to GopherJS
Since the MVC ToDo app was the best GopherJS had to offer, I used it in my article: The Super Surrogates of JavaScript.

Dmitri Shuralyov

Mar 7, 2016, 6:34:39 PM3/7/16
to GopherJS
If you're willing to accept games, here are 2 (unfinished) game prototypes written in Go that work in browsers because they're compiled with GopherJS:

https://dmitri.shuralyov.com/projects/eX0/eX0-go-client/ (need to allow it to load scripts over HTTP though)

Here's an old experimental UI written in Go, running in browser via GopherJS:

Ivy, an interpreter for an APL-like language, running in browser via GopherJS:

Site to view Go packages on one page has all of its frontend functionality (demo'ed here) written in Go:

These are some of my projects that I know of.

Viktor Ogeman

Apr 9, 2016, 4:30:37 PM4/9/16
to GopherJS
Hi!

A little late to the party, just wanted to add another example of gopherjs being extensively used (shameless self-advertising):

A (very early) beta just went live of our new service where anyone can create, find and use all sorts of calculation tools.

In particular the entire spreadsheet engine and editor interface is made possible thanks to gopherjs.

Larry Clapp

May 5, 2016, 9:20:36 AM5/5/16
to GopherJS
Victor,

That UI is pretty impressive.  I've been looking for some example code of GopherJS doing neat UI things.  Do you have any public code you can share?

If not, no worries, but wanted to check.  Thanks!

-- Larry

Viktor Ogeman

May 7, 2016, 5:08:41 PM5/7/16
to GopherJS
Hi Larry,

Thanks for your interest. The plan is to put many parts of the code in the public domain at some point yes, that has however not happened yet and is likely still some time off (we need to get it to work and do a lot of cleaning first at the very least). Thus I am afraid that the answer to your question is no at the moment.

Viktor

Larry Clapp

May 8, 2016, 9:58:41 AM5/8/16
to GopherJS
Thanks, Viktor!  Looking forward to it.  -- L

Joe Blue

Aug 12, 2016, 7:18:11 AM8/12/16
to GopherJS
any chance you could open source the ribbon nav ? That's very nice.

I can see how useful gophers would be for an excel spreadsheet style thing.