Reminding Time Changes when Synchronising

nos...@googlemail.com

Jul 27, 2007, 7:16:49 AM7/27/07
to GooSync
I am syncing a Nokia 6300 with my Google Calender and everything works
fine - except the sync of repeating appointments (birthdays for
example). These appointments are saved in my GCal as daily events - so
not time is entered. When i sync these to my 6300 they are also daily
events but reminder time is 2:00 am after midnight, which is a very
bad time to get a reminder ;-)

I think the time zones are configured right because the normal events
are synced well and with the right reminder time... Any solutions??

Thanks in advance
Norman

Stuart - GooSync Support

Jul 31, 2007, 6:10:45 AM7/31/07
to GooSync
Hi,

I've activated detailed logging for your account.

Please create a couple of test all-day events in Google and sync these
to your device.

Once done let me know the result (did the reminder issues re-appear?)
and I'll check the updated log files.

nos...@googlemail.com

Jul 31, 2007, 11:29:11 AM7/31/07
to GooSync
The alarm time stays at 02:00 am.

I created a new all-day-event called "test birthday" for friday 03.
august and synced it with my mobile.
So maybe you can finde some issues in the logs...

Thanks
Norman

On 31 Jul., 12:10, Stuart - GooSync Support

Stuart - GooSync Support

Jul 31, 2007, 11:44:55 AM7/31/07
to GooSync
Hi,

I've checked your account and log files and they show that Google is
providing that test entry with a reminder already set.

Because Google is providing a valid reminder on that event GooSync is
processing it as such and is sending this to your device.

If these events definitely do not have a reminder set when they are
created in Google then it indicates that Google still has some
reminder settings active for that calendar (possibly a default
reminder value in the options).

I suggest double-checking your notification settings in Google and
possibly re-saving them to ensure that they are set correctly in
Google.