Trouble using K610i with multiple calendars

1 view

heli...@gmail.com

May 25, 2007, 1:24:40 AM5/25/07
to GooSync
Hi,
I have problems using multiple calendars (and now even a single
calendar) with goosync and my SonyEricsson K610i. I started out using
just a single calendar some time ago and then everything worked fine.
When I upgraded to be able to use multiple caledars about three weeks
ago behaviour has been rather odd. I have never managed to sync two
caledars. I get error message 420 device full, even though there is
plenty of free memory on the phone, and there are just a few entries
in the new caledar. I have tried modifying the number of days to sync
(down to just one day) but get the same message. When I have changed
back to sync just one calendar, that doesn't work either most of the
time (with the same message), but I have managed to get it working
occasionally.

My username is "helihedin". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Björn Hedin, Stockholm, Sweden

Message has been deleted

Stuart - GooSync Support

May 25, 2007, 5:18:33 AM5/25/07
to GooSync
Hi,

I've checked your log files and they correctly show the device sending
the device full code when we attempt to send a new event down to the
device.

This indicates that the sync application is unable to store any more
data in the calendar on your device. Now this doesn't mean that your
device is out of storage space completely. It just means that the
memory allocated to the calendar may be full (some devices split the
available memory between all applications and don't just let them use
whatever is available).

There is, however, a bug with GooSync that is causing it to show more
errors in the sync log than it should (you should have only seen one
copy of the "Sync failed. Error 420 - Device Full" message).

Development are investigating this issue.

urban....@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2007, 5:30:36 AM6/13/07
to GooSync
Hi,
I receive the same problem with my SE K610i and multiple calenders,
Error 420. I run Goosync at a Nokia with good result so I bought a 2
year subscription three days ago for my K610i. If I empty the phone
calendar and do a new sync it normally works again. Can I expect any
updates that solve this problem in the nearest future? My username is:
urban.fridolf

Urban Fridolf, Sweden

On 25 Maj, 11:18, Stuart - GooSync Support

<stu.etche...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've checked your log files and they correctly show the device sending
> the device full code when we attempt to send a new event down to the
> device.
>
> This indicates that the sync application is unable to store any more
> data in the calendar on your device. Now this doesn't mean that your
> device is out of storage space completely. It just means that the
> memory allocated to the calendar may be full (some devices split the
> available memory between all applications and don't just let them use
> whatever is available).
>
> There is, however, a bug with GooSync that is causing it to show more
> errors in the sync log than it should (you should have only seen one
> copy of the "Sync failed. Error 420 - Device Full" message).
>
> Development are investigating this issue.
>
> On May 25, 6:24 am, helihe...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > I have problems using multiple calendars (and now even a single

> > calendar) with goosync and my SonyEricssonK610i. I started out using

> > just a single calendar some time ago and then everything worked fine.
> > When I upgraded to be able to use multiple caledars about three weeks
> > ago behaviour has been rather odd. I have never managed to sync two
> > caledars. I get error message 420 device full, even though there is
> > plenty of free memory on the phone, and there are just a few entries
> > in the new caledar. I have tried modifying the number of days to sync
> > (down to just one day) but get the same message. When I have changed
> > back to sync just one calendar, that doesn't work either most of the
> > time (with the same message), but I have managed to get it working
> > occasionally.
>
> > My username is "helihedin". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> > Björn Hedin, Stockholm, Sweden- Dölj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

Stuart - GooSync Support

Jun 14, 2007, 9:56:50 AM6/14/07
to GooSync
Hi,

The only thing we can change with regards to this is preventing
GooSync from showing multiple device full messages on the My Device
page (only one message should be displayed in this situation).

If the device sends a "device full" message when it attempts to store
a calendar event the GooSync server will stop sending data to the
device and will terminate the sync.

This is standard behaviour in this situation and nothing we can
change.

If the device still has plenty of memory but still reports a device
full message then this indicates a device fault and is nothing GooSync
can prevent.

n...@holgaard.dk

Jul 30, 2007, 9:14:18 AM7/30/07
to GooSync
Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem with my SE610i. This problem has
only begun to occur within the last 3-4 weeks?
So- can you clarify your answer. please - or should I just use one
calendar?

regards,

nw

Stuart - GooSync Support

Jul 31, 2007, 6:15:22 AM7/31/07
to GooSync
Hi,

I've checked your account and server log files and they show the
device reporting "420 Device Full" messages when GooSync attempts to
add new events to your device. Because GooSync is therefore unable to
add events to the device it will stop sending data to the device and
will terminate the sync.

However, the most recent couple of syncs appear to have completed
successfully. Did you do what was suggested via email and reduce the
amount of data to be synchronised?

n...@holgaard.dk

Jul 31, 2007, 9:46:43 AM7/31/07
to GooSync
HI,

for the record, my sync'ing is working fine now.

The problem was, that I had too much back-data in the device. As the
sync-automation dosen't delete old entries (I've asked why?) thus the
allocated phone memory gets full over time.

I've now deleted all old messages (until 7 days ago) and is able to
sync again.

Thanks for your swift reply and help.

regards,

Noel