Set up a five day event in Google Calendar - GooSync truncated the last day!

b398...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2007, 8:01:33 AM7/21/07
to GooSync
User ID: jscherber (Goosync paid subscriber)
Device: Blackberry 8800

Set up a five day event in Google Calendar - GooSync truncated the
last day! Monday through Thursday appear fine. Friday however is not
showing the event on the 8800. The event continues to appear properly
on Google Calendar however.

I am the IT Coordinator at a graduate school. We are considering
rolling out GooSync onto all our Blackberrys. I am very concerned
however as it took me less than two hours of using GooSync before
discovering a very serious issue.

Hope you can help. I have to demonstrate your service on Tuesday
before the Executive Team and would prefer not to have egg on my
face. Thank you for your help.

Best, James Scherber

Stuart - GooSync Support

Jul 23, 2007, 5:16:01 AM7/23/07
to GooSync
Hi,

There was an in issue previously with the Blackberry devices and all-
day/spanning events where the device expected a date format for these
events differently to what GooSync was providing. However, I was under
the impression that this had been resolved by development.

I've activated detailed logging on your account to figure out what's
causing the problem. Please create a test event in Google that matches
the event that synchronised incorrectly and then sync again with
GooSync.

Once done let me know and I'll check the updated log files.

Sarah Hetherington

Jul 23, 2007, 7:44:18 AM7/23/07
to goo...@googlegroups.com
This has happened to me , too, on a treo 700P, fairly recently--in the last month.
--
Sarah

b398...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2007, 6:11:20 AM7/24/07
to GooSync
Done. I have created a 5-day Test Event starting on the 23rd of July
through Friday. [IIS] Test Event Friday is truncated.

The event on August 4th - [IIS] One Day Introduction is showing up in
Agenda view but not Day View. Don't know if these problems are
related or not.

On Jul 23, 2:16 am, Stuart - GooSync Support

Stuart - GooSync Support

Jul 24, 2007, 10:18:03 AM7/24/07
to GooSync
Hi,

The log files show that the entries are being sent to the device in an
acceptable format (basically the standard format that most devices
expect).

Please create the same test entries again but this time on the device
and then sync again to GooSync.

Once done let me know the exact time the sync was performed. The logs
indicate that your device is set to sync automatically so without an
exact time for the sync it's difficult to locate the test entries.

b398...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2007, 1:29:14 PM7/24/07
to GooSync
Hi Stuart.

Ok. I set up a new 5 day event [IIS] Test Event 2 with the same
dates. Synced at about 10:22AM PDT. Event is showing up properly on
Blackberry (not truncating the fifth day) and not at all on Google
Calendar.

On Jul 24, 7:18 am, Stuart - GooSync Support

b398...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2007, 12:53:18 PM7/26/07
to GooSync
Hi. Any word on these issues?

Stuart - GooSync Support

Jul 27, 2007, 10:54:28 AM7/27/07
to GooSync
Hi,

We're still investigating the issue and we should have more
information early next week.

b398...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2007, 4:24:20 PM7/27/07
to GooSync
Username: jscherber
Device: Blackberry 8800
Paid Subscriber

Have another issue with syncing.

I created an event in my IIS Calendar in Google Calendar.

[IIS] One-Day Introduction
Sun, August 5, 10am - 5pm

Tried changing the date, worked ok.
Modifying the time on my Blackberry 8800 resulted in Google Calendar
only showing the 10AM start time.
When I re-add the 5pm end time on my Blackberry, Google Calendar
changes it back to only 10AM on the second sync! I can replicate this
bug over an over. It doesn't want to keep the end time.

As it stands right now. With these huge bugs, the service is useless
to me.

On Jul 27, 7:54 am, Stuart - GooSync Support

b398...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2007, 3:37:47 PM8/2/07
to GooSync
Hi Stuart,

I'm getting a bit disheartened.

My Nexthaus trial ended today. None of the issues that I have
reported have been resolved. Most of these issues I discovered within
a couple hours of testing your service, I cannot imagine that I am the
only person experiencing these issues, further I don't understand why
these bugs were not resolved before you began to charge for your
services.

Any chance someone could provide a timeline for fixes? Google Groups
is really a very poor method of handling trouble tickets (i would
recommend help desk live php script) and I'm not seeing a lot of
progress. I've paid for two years of service, and the only thing I've
gotten for it is to have my calendar screwed up with deleted events
and deleted end times. Before I dump more money into this or
recommend it to the powers that be here, a "this service will be 100%
on X date" would be greatly appreciated.

On Jul 27, 7:54 am, Stuart - GooSync Support

Stuart - GooSync Support

Aug 8, 2007, 5:43:39 AM8/8/07
to GooSync
Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot provide a time when development can create this
fix.

I will speak with them again and try and get it pushed through.