Tending the Garden (ie You want to take over gooseproject?)

goozbach

Mar 24, 2014, 12:37:12 PM3/24/14
to goose...@googlegroups.com
Sad post, but the writing has been on the wall for a long while now.

Due to the lack of traffic here and elsewhere, and the ability of myself to have time to maintain this wonderful idea which we never really got off the ground I'm offering to turn over the keys to everything I'm in control of at the moment:

* Github org for gooseproject
* Twitter account
* Domains
* Facebook group
* IRC channel #gooseproject on irc.freenode.net

The domains mentioned above are due to expire in less than 30 days. So make your offer before then.

I'm sad to see this project die, but we can't let it languish on life support we can't give.

It's been fun to figure this stuff out, but it's just not maintainable anymore.

--
Derek

Clint Savage

Mar 24, 2014, 12:54:29 PM3/24/14
to GoOSe Project
I'm also in charge of some of the infrastructure,

* gooselinux.org

Which includes koji, mirrors, etc.

* gooselinux.com

Both of the domains I control expire in less than 30 days also.

- herlo

Victor Villa

Mar 24, 2014, 1:14:43 PM3/24/14
to goose...@googlegroups.com
While we're not interested in maintaining, UTOS is willing to renew and hold the assets until somebody steps forward (like we do for udbug - Utah Database User Group) and a few others.

mj/v