Brightness Control

Viswanath M

Apr 12, 2012, 5:19:04 AM4/12/12
to googletv...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm developing a Google TV application. In which one of the requirements is need to decrease the brightness and some point of time later need to increase the brightness.
Right now I'm able to set the brightness to 0 and it is working. Now the problem is the brightness is not coming back as desired. I scheduled a task to bring the brightness back. But this task is not running since the application is closed (by OS, I guess). If the application is keep on running then it would work I guess.
Please suggest how can achieve this.

Thanks in Advance
Viswanath

Christian Kurzke

Apr 12, 2012, 12:21:09 PM4/12/12
to googletv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Viswanath

We're actually about to close this forum and move all our Technical Support over to Stack Overflow.
For future questions, please head over here:

For your answers, see if this addresses your need:

Also, you might want to set the "Wake-Lock" in the Android Framework to avoid the screensaver comming on.

-

Christian G. Kurzke  |  Developer Advocate  |  Android / Google TV