Media scanning (MediaScannerConnection) on Logitech revue

roflharrison

Mar 19, 2012, 6:50:50 AM3/19/12
to googletv...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to manually scan media files (mp3 audio) does not seem possible without using this "trick". This method seems to fail regularly, and once it does fail, it doesn't seem to be restartable without rebooting/disconnecting/reconnecting the external device.

The alternate method which doesn't seem to work at all is using MediaScannerConnection like so:
mConnection.scanFile( file.getAbsolutePath(), mMimeType);
//for every file in some directory

The MediaScannerConnection logs that the file is being "scanned", however onScanCompleted is never called which leads me to suggest it is failing out somewhere random.

Logitech's own library scanner seems to use FFmpeg so I can only assume they have implement their own media scanner?

Any info on the correct way to scan new media to the library would be great.