GTV's LiveTV current channel information -- bypassing the SDK ?

Yuval

Mar 11, 2012, 4:34:59 AM3/11/12
to googletv...@googlegroups.com
hi,

1- will it be possible in the near future to detect the current channel
the user is watching in LiveTV from the SDK
if so, when will it be ?

2- i tried to bypass the SDK and go directly to the /system/lib files...
    i'm working currently with Sony GTV (model NSX-24GT1 with intel atom processor).
    i've executed 'strings' linux utility on the libs and found that i can get the current channel from them..
    maybe it's a lake of my understanding of the NDK,but,
    though GTV doesnt support NDK yet, can't i just use those libs from my apk by using JNI (LoadLibrary) ?

3- will GTV  be supporting NDK soon ?

thanks,
yuval.

Les Vogel

Mar 12, 2012, 6:11:46 PM3/12/12
to googletv...@googlegroups.com
1 - you can't.
2 - you can't.
3 - We know it's very important and hope to have it in a future Google TV release, but we have nothing to announce.
--
Staff Developer Programs Engineer - GoogleTV

Please send questions to the list and only use my email address for things that require privacy such as source code or APK's.   We also answer questions on StackOverflow.com  #Google-TV