Get the current channel the user is on and channel callbacks

dnk

Feb 26, 2012, 8:31:29 PM2/26/12
to googletv...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We've developed a way to determine what show is currently playing on a given channel using 3rd party partnerships in our apps.

However we are currently blocked as we want to know what channel the user is on. We are not interested on the show name as we can determine that ourselves.

In particular these given cases is what we want to cover:
  • Determine when the user turned ON or off the TV Player app
  • Determine when the user press channel up/down
  • Determine the channel NUMBER the user is on
Are any of these possible? We know there used to be a permission VIDEO_HISTORY which has been blocked in the public releases. Will this be possible in the future? Perhaps through the upcoming overlay API we can gather such information.

Thanks in advance!