buses (vehicles) on a street segment?

James Bunch

Dec 2, 2021, 1:30:54 PM12/2/21
to GoogleTransitDataFeed
Does anyone have an app, or code to calculate the number of vehicles on a street segment (between intersections) by direction and time period from a gtfs feed?  I need to account for stop, skip stop, and closed door service express service that are travelling over the street segment, and not just the # of vehicles that are scheduled to stop at bus stops within the segment.

Jim Bunch

JP

Dec 2, 2021, 2:01:54 PM12/2/21
to GoogleTransitDataFeed
Hi Jim,
The columns pickup_type and drop_off_type in stop_times.txt give you the interactions at a stop point, i.e. whether a drop off and/or a pick up is scheduled at a stop.
JP

James Bunch

Jun 17, 2022, 10:34:23 PM6/17/22
to GoogleTransitDataFeed
yes, stops and service between scheduled stops is pretty easy.  I'm looking for an app that sums the vehicles on the underlying street segment, even they are a mix of closed door, skip stop, or all stop service.  see below

If each bus runs a 15 minute headway there are 16 buses per hour on the street segment. but varying buses per hour stopping at each stop.  What I want is the buses on the street segment.