feedvalidator_googletransit,py is not compatible with python 3

eric dharmawan

Jun 9, 2022, 9:24:55 AM6/9/22
to googletran...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am running the code to validate gtfs file by using your validation script from here github.com/google/transitfeed.

It works perfectly fine by using python 2,  however we are in the transition from python 2 to python 3 and those scripts are not compatible at all.

Are you able to provide solution for python 3 ?

Are there another way to validate gtfs file (ie from transport open data) ?

Regards,

Eric

Joachim Pfeiffer

Jun 9, 2022, 9:37:51 AM6/9/22
to googletran...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,
A list of validators is posted here: https://developers.google.com/transit/gtfs/guides/tools
It includes a link to the "old" validator which, I suppose, you use, and mention of the MobilityData validator. The former has not been updated in years and has fallen out of active development.
The link to the latter is broken, try: https://mobilitydata.org/press-release-gtfs-validator/
I believe you should consider moving to MobilityData's edition.
JP

Brian Ferris

Jun 9, 2022, 7:10:31 PM6/9/22
to googletran...@googlegroups.com
+1 to using the MobilityData validator.  It's what Google uses for internal validation of feeds as well.

I will see if I can get the link fixed on the Tools page.  Thanks for the heads up.