Tool to compare two GTFS feeds?

rafeld...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2015, 8:14:52 PM3/27/15
to googletran...@googlegroups.com
I need to compare two GTFS feeds from the same agency to see if there are changes in a route's stops and/or stop times. I've done some searching in this group and on the net, but I have not found a tool to do that. Does anyone know of such a tool?

Thanks,
Bob Feldman

Aaron Antrim

Mar 28, 2015, 10:41:17 PM3/28/15
to googletran...@googlegroups.com, rafeld...@gmail.com
There is great need for more in the way of "GTFS-diff" tools.

Here is a previous discussion on transit-developers:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/transit-developers/uUpAwB1A6jY/discussion

One idea would be to use something like gtfsdb to load into a postgres database, and then use a database comparison tool:

Some time ago, github announced they were building diff tools for various geospatial data types:
Not sure if anything more has come of that.

--
Aaron Antrim
Trillium Solutions, Inc.

Message has been deleted

James Bunch

Feb 16, 2021, 8:13:55 PM2/16/21
to GoogleTransitDataFeed
It has been 6 years since this query.  Does anyone know of any tools that have been developed to compare feeds from the same agency as they change over time?  We have to track service changes in a corridor over a three year period for an  FTA Tiger Grant evaluation.  Stop locations are easy.   Patterns and trips are much much harder when they get renumbered with each new GTFS Feed, or branching changes.

JAB

Joachim Pfeiffer

Feb 17, 2021, 10:30:00 AM2/17/21
to googletran...@googlegroups.com
Although the Transit Developers group isn't very active these days, it might be worth a shot to post this there. I am sure if there's funding, there will be takers. A few small consultancies I can think of that might be interested and qualified:
Citydata AI, Citidash AI, Interline IO, PEMCCO (minority owned), Remix, Streetlightdata, Swift.ly, TransTrack Solutions, Trillium Solutions, Urbanmovement Labs, Urbanmobility, Ubicquia
JP

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 5:13 PM James Bunch <jabunc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Not sure if my previous message posted.  It's been 6 years since this query on how to compare GTFS feeds.  Has anything been developed in this period?  We need to track changes in service over 3 years for a FTA Tiger Grant before/after evaluation.
Jim Bunch

Devin Braun

Feb 17, 2021, 10:47:39 AM2/17/21
to googletran...@googlegroups.com

Our vendor, Mecatran, has a tool in their software suite that does a DIFF between two feeds.

Devin Braun

San Diego MTS

Feb 17, 2021, 3:35:11 PM2/17/21
to GoogleTransitDataFeed
I don't think there is funding for software development for this project.  It is an ongoing contract with limited scope.  However, I do believe that a comparison tool has widespread utility and application.

James Bunch

Feb 17, 2021, 3:35:37 PM2/17/21
to GoogleTransitDataFeed
Thanks. I will look into this.

Agraw Ali

Feb 3, 2024, 1:29:23 PMFeb 3
to GoogleTransitDataFeed
IBI Data Tools has a functionality to compare two GTFS datasets. https://gtfs.ibi-transit.com/

James Bunch

Feb 5, 2024, 10:42:16 AMFeb 5
to googletran...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much!  The project is over but we still have a need to do this all the time.

JAB

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GoogleTransitDataFeed" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/googletransitdatafeed/d1f2bed8-b1d3-4453-814b-efa8df2b344cn%40googlegroups.com.

--
James (Jim) Allday Bunch, JABunch Transportation Consulting
411 Penwood Road, Silver Spring Maryland, 20901