Fwd: Next departure info box messages proposal.

Laurent Gregoire

Dec 15, 2011, 2:18:03 PM12/15/11
to google...@googlegroups.com, transit-d...@googlegroups.com
[Cross-posting to google...@googlegroups.com]

Hi all,

When displaying a transit stop info box on Google Maps by clicking on
the stop icon, the info box display by default next departure for each
line (see attached screenshots in two languages).

Unfortunately the message is not crystal clear, as headsigns are not
displayed as such (nothing says "headsign" or "direction").

Also, nothing labels the displayed hours as being "next departures",
the user must guess it.

In summary, that would add a header line above the departure table
displaying "direction/headsign" and "next departures".
Maybe an arrow for headsigns would suffice? Such as: "→
Champs-Élysées" or "→ Mayfair".

I'd love to hear any comments from people on the field what they think
about this, as I got this comment here from several agencies already.

--Laurent

glisseo_en.png
glisseo_fr.png