Google Maps/Public Transit for San Antonio Via not working

Raul Torres

May 5, 2012, 2:46:11 PM5/5/12
to Google Transit Trip Planner
It's been two weeks since the public transit option has stopped
working on my Google Maps app on my iPhone 4S. Every other option
works, by foot or POV(car), but the bus transit option doesn't. I
contacted Apple and they said it has nothing to do with the phone,
that it's an issue that Google must repair between their data feed/API
and San Antonio's Via Transit System. It's been 2 weeks and it's still
not working, when will the problem be fixed? I'm stationed at Fort Sam
Houston and the only for me to get around San Antonio is by bus. My
Google Maps app was a godsend and it made all of my trips a scheduling
success allowing me to always return to base on time. But that's not
the case now, when will the issue be fixed?

Brian Ferris

May 15, 2012, 9:14:33 AM5/15/12
to google...@googlegroups.com
There was a temporary lapse in the schedule data we receive from the agency.  The agency has since updated their feed and San Antonio public transit is now working again on Google Maps.

Thanks,
Brian

Marks, Stefan

May 15, 2012, 10:36:28 AM5/15/12
to google...@googlegroups.com

Can anyone please comment.

I am using the merge tool – to merge our current feed with the new one so that it enables the next service change without an interruption in Google’s trip planner . Here’s what I got – does this mean when I upload to Google in the next couple of days with the new pick – it will mean no interruption in trip planning? Are the warnings a problem – or a function of the merge tool? Will it impact the ability of developers to use the feed if I provide the combined feed as opposed to a specific feed for the new service change only?

Thanks, Stefan Marks, New Orleans Regional Transit Authority

Stefan Marks AICP

Director of Planning and Scheduling
Veolia Transportation Services, Inc.

in service to  the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (RTA)

RTA A. Phillip Randolph Facility
2817 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70119

(504) 827-8307 (Office)

(504) 606-6086 (Cell)

(504) 827-8423 (Fax)

EMAIL: stefan...@veoliatransdev.com

http://www.norta.com

http://www.veoliatransdev.com

image003.jpg

Devin Braun

May 15, 2012, 11:15:12 AM5/15/12
to google...@googlegroups.com

Those are normal warnings that won’t affect your results. You won’t have any interruption in trip planning as long as the date ranges in each file were continuous.  I like to run the validator tool on the resulting merged file to see any other errors/warnings that might have cropped up after the merge.

Devin

Marks, Stefan