Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Tim Hennig

no leída,
12 nov 2007, 12:05:4112/11/07
a Google Transit Trip Planner
Feedvalidator.exe Issues

Hello,

I am trying to validate my Google Transit feeds using the
feedvalidator.exe. I have tried to open the feedvalidator.exe and
drag-and-drop the WinZip version (tried a folder directory version
too), but the feedvalidator.exe will show an error message for a
second (before I can read it) and close. I have tried to use another
computer and reinstall the feedvalidator.exe file onto my computer,
but it still errors out.

Has this happen to anyone? If so how did you fix this problem?

Thanks,

Tim Hennig
Planner (Transportation/GIS Analyst)
Green Bay, WI

Devin Braun

no leída,
12 nov 2007, 12:13:0212/11/07
a google...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

Have you tried starting the program via a command prompt instead of
double clicking the icon?

I'm unsure of your skill level with MS-DOS so I'm writing this like you
don't know much about MS-DOS.

Go to Start -> Run and type "cmd" and then hit enter. Navigate to the
folder where the feed validator is by using the command "cd
c:\yourfeedvalidatordirectory"

When the MS-DOS prompt says "c:\yourfeedvalidatordirectory", type in
feedvalidator.exe and it should ask you for the location of your feed.
Type in the location of your feed and press enter. If there's an error,
it should now just show up in the MS-DOS widow without disappearing.

Regards,

Devin Braun
San Diego MTS

Roger Slevin

no leída,
12 nov 2007, 12:15:1212/11/07
a google...@googlegroups.com
Tim

Whilst I have had no experience of trying to use the feed validator myself,
my colleague who has tried to use it found that the particular dataset that
we are uploading (which is massive) could not be validated, at least not on
his computers. We think, for our data, it requires a lot more memory - but I
don't think we have tried it again recently to see if this memory
requirement has been reduced since our first failures.

I suspect that this is not the same problem as you have encountered,
therefore, but thought it worth posting this in case there is to be a review
of the validator software - as it would be good to know what the system
requirements are, and therefore to be able to use it routinely to check our
data.

Best wishes

Roger