system() call hangs/fails at second execution

Klaus Kleiner

Jul 10, 2019, 3:11:59 PM7/10/19
to Google C++ Testing Framework
I'm using gtest 1.8.0 on a windows system with cygwin and gcc

void ProfinetTest::SetUp()
{
    TestBase::SetUp();
    system("ls");
}

I want to call a system function e.g. "ls" before every test so I added it to the SetUp() function of the base class of my tests.
When the SetUp() is executed for the first time, everything is fine, but when it is executed for the second tests the system() is executed, then the program hangs for some seconds and then terminates completely without writing a test report.

It's same for to system() calls in the same funtion, first time the function is called - everything OK,
second time, the first system() call hangs...

It's also the same when the system() is writen directly into the tests, 2nd test fails.

Any idea why this fails?

Regards
Klaus