Randomly getting "I/O Error: : Pipe closed" message

Hardy 01010100

Sep 12, 2019, 6:44:34 AM9/12/19
to Google C++ Testing Framework
Hello all,
I hope I can be helped here although I am not quite sure where to begin as this error buffles me. I have written some tests with GoogleTest of which some are just plain old TESTs, some are value-parameterized tests, some are FRIEND_TESTs and some are both friend and value-parameterized. Since about 1 week when running or debugging the tests, at some point in the run the tests just stop and I get the message (I'm using Eclipse Oxygen) "I/O Error: : Pipe closed" which usually happens in the middle of a value-parameterized test. It's not always the same test, it is also not always after the same amount of permutation of parameters and it doesn't happen in every run. I am also using cygwin_32 if that is worth noting. The message does not appear in the console but in the rather small status bar above it.
Any help is greatly appreciated and I am happy to provide more information if I can.

Jeremy Mordkoff

Sep 12, 2019, 7:52:00 AM9/12/19
to Hardy 01010100, Google C++ Testing Framework
Check your host system logs for anything that corresponds in time with these events. This sounds like it might be external to your tests.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

--

---