Registering google unit tests dynamically at run-time...

Tarmo Pikaro

May 12, 2019, 2:01:06 PM5/12/19
to Google C++ Testing Framework
Hi !

Just committed this patch:

Probably google unit test does allow to declare tests dynamically, but this change allows test application itself to specify where particular test resides.

I've noticed that Google test adapter produces following error:

The following errors and warnings occured during test discovery:
Warning: In order to get source locations for your tests, please ensure to generate *full* PDBs for your test executables.
Warning: Use linker option /DEBUG:FULL (VS2017) or /DEBUG (VS2015 and older) - do not use /DEBUG:FASTLINK!

if .exe is release mode or without .pdb, then test location cannot be determined. With my patch test location can be detected independently of .pdb state (should not be used),

but this in a turn requires changes from my own fork of GTA.