Multiverse 0.3

peter veentjer

Aug 4, 2009, 8:44:06 AM8/4/09
to multiverse
Hi Guys,

I'm currently redesigning multiverse so that a lot of limitations are
removed from it. In the previous version you needed to work with
handles, but this limitation has been removed completely. With the new
version you can always call methods on atomic objects and you can also
exchange them between threads as a reference.

But also a shit load of new features have been added:
- read only transactions
- (online) pessimistic locking
- custom contention managers
- support for the orelse
- support for the 'ref' programming model that also is used in Clojure
for example.
- much better performance
- custom writeset lock policies (with spinning, without etc).
- and tons of other features

But it everyone still alive and willing to work on multiverse? If not,
no problem, but the members list needs to be up to date.

I'm also talking to Jonas Boner about using Multiverse as the STM
implementation for the Akka project:
http://wiki.github.com/jboner/akka