Multiverse 0.6 has been released.

peter veentjer

Aug 26, 2010, 2:13:00 AM8/26/10
to multiverse
Hi Guys,

Multiverse 0.6 has been released last week. Most of the improvements
were in the instrumentation and I added a bug shaker.

For the last 4 months I have been working on the new BetaStm that
should be a lot better scalable and have a much better performance. I
decided to drop the TL2 design and switch over to a model that looks
more like that of the SkySTM where there is less need for a central
counter.

The main improvements for the 0.7 release (with the BetaStm) are going
to be:

- various levels of pessimistic behavior from full blown to
pesismistic on individual refs/transactional objects. Makes it
possible to write traditional 'pessimistic' concurrent datastructures
without the problem of deadlocks and race problems.
- commute functions
- alter functions
- propagation levels (to deal with nesting of transactions)
- clojure: add watch
- clojure: ensure to prevent writeskew on a single ref (multiverse
already provided writeskew prevent on transaction level)
- profiler

and a lot more other goodies.