Titillium Web ads excessive bottom space

Leonardo Godoy

Mar 23, 2021, 8:31:19 PM3/23/21
to Google Fonts Discussions
Example: When you select the font Titillium Web, no matter font style, the highlighted area ads appoximately 10px below the letter "g". The same procedure with different fonts from Google Fonts ads approximately 1px below the letter "g".

This creates a problem for us when using Titillium Web on our headers with background color. The headers become too airy and looks unproffesional.

Naturally, we try to solve the problem adjusting the line-height but instead it makes the second row to overlap on letters such as "g". When we try the same procedure using other fonts from Google Fonts the second row does not overlap. The solution works.

Our conclusion is that Titillium Web ads too much unnecessary padding-bottom.
Can you fix this?

titillium_web_excessive_bottom_space.png

Eli Heuer

Mar 24, 2021, 6:45:44 PM3/24/21
to Google Fonts Discussions
I worked on this font in the past and plan to work on a 2021 update soon. I will look into this issue and post any thoughts I have here. Thanks for posting about this!