Manushi Parikh

Sep 17, 2015, 10:33:40 AM9/17/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

I am starting a new project, which is a companion Tamil Typeface to Salsa.

Today I have started drawing a couple of characters (very rough, attaching screenshot)

In the next week I plan to finish roughly drawing all the vowels and consonants.

All feedback or suggestions from everybody is most welcome!

Manushi Parikh

Oct 9, 2015, 6:14:53 AM10/9/15
to Google Fonts Discussions
Hello Again!

Apologies for being inactive for a while.
Today I am posting all the work that I have done during the last few days, which is making all base characters.(attaching screenshot)

-By today I am going to refine all the characters and fix spacing.
-Tomorrow I am going to draw all the matras (tmAA, tmI, tmII, tmU, tmUU, tmE, tmEE, tmO, tmOO, tmAU and tmVirama)

Cheers!

Manushi Parikh

Oct 10, 2015, 10:30:17 AM10/10/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Hi

-Today: Drew all matras (attaching screenshot)
-Refined some base characters and fixed spacing (attaching screenshot)

-Tomorrow I will finish drawing all Tamil numerals and draw akhand forms.

Joana Silva

Nov 13, 2015, 5:18:46 AM11/13/15
to Google Fonts Discussions

Hello,

I really like the style of the font. Tamil gets a nice flow with this design.
I hope to see more of it soon.

Cheers,

Joana

Catherine Leigh Schmidt

Nov 13, 2015, 12:44:23 PM11/13/15
to Google Fonts Discussions
Hi Manushi —

What a nice project. The shape of the vertical strokes provides nice continuity between the Tamil and the Latin. Looks like it would be comfortable to read in smaller sizes. I appreciate the heft of the Tamil.

–c

Dave Crossland

Nov 20, 2015, 1:38:39 PM11/20/15
to Google Fonts Discussions
Hi Manushi!

What is your github repo location? :)

Cheers
Dave

Erin McLaughlin

Feb 26, 2016, 12:43:34 AM2/26/16
to Google Fonts Discussions
Hi there, Manushi! Where is Salsa Tamil located? I didn't see anything on GitHub!

Dave Crossland

Feb 26, 2016, 7:44:12 AM2/26/16
to googlefonts-discuss

On 26 February 2016 at 00:43, Erin McLaughlin <soyle...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there, Manushi! Where is Salsa Tamil located? I didn't see anything on GitHub!

I have a zip but I didn't finish working with Manushi to upload it. I'll put something up today

Manushi Parikh

Feb 26, 2016, 9:09:32 AM2/26/16
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, February 26, 2016, Dave Crossland <da...@lab6.com> wrote:
Thanks Dave!

I have also figured it out, but I'll be able to da that by Tuesday if that is okay.

Cheers
Manushi

On 26 February 2016 at 00:43, Erin McLaughlin <soyle...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there, Manushi! Where is Salsa Tamil located? I didn't see anything on GitHub!

I have a zip but I didn't finish working with Manushi to upload it. I'll put something up today

Erin McLaughlin

Feb 26, 2016, 6:51:24 PM2/26/16
to Google Fonts Discussions
Hi Manushi,

I got a zip from Dave, but your features aren't working, so you might want to fix it first. You need to add the tamil language declaration at the top. Here's some feedback that I've compiled! Hope it helps!

– Erin

On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 8:09:32 AM UTC-6, Manushi Parikh wrote:

On Friday, February 26, 2016, Dave Crossland <da...@lab6.com> wrote:
Thanks Dave!

I have also figured it out, but I'll be able to da that by Tuesday if that is okay.

Cheers
Manushi

On 26 February 2016 at 00:43, Erin McLaughlin <soyle...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there, Manushi! Where is Salsa Tamil located? I didn't see anything on GitHub!

I have a zip but I didn't finish working with Manushi to upload it. I'll put something up today

Tamil_Salsa_EM-notes_2-26.pdf

Manushi Parikh

Feb 27, 2016, 3:08:28 AM2/27/16
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Erin!

Some of the issues are explained so well and I see them in a different light now :)

Will resolve all the issues and put up a repository by next week.

Cheers
Manushi