Testing Page: Tamil version added

Pablo Impallari

Jun 30, 2015, 4:46:04 PM6/30/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick note to let you know that the Testing Page now has a Tamil version, thanks to Tharique Azeez (http://thariqueazeez.com).

@Pria, if I remember correctly you once talked to me about adding Tamil.
If you have any comments, or want more Tabs or content added, just let me know.

Cheers,
Pablo

Pathum Egodawatta

Jul 1, 2015, 1:22:18 PM7/1/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pablo!

I have this fork of your project with Sinhala, here

But I have lost track of what I changed, I did it way back :( WHat do you suggest I do Make a new fork and add files?

Cheers,
Pathum

Dave Crossland

Jul 1, 2015, 3:21:09 PM7/1/15
to googlefonts-discuss
Thank you Pablo!

Pablo Impallari

Jul 1, 2015, 3:48:17 PM7/1/15
to googlefonts-discuss
I will integrate it into the main testing page structure of files and folders, and then you will be able to fork and submit pull request for improvements.

Arabic (Persian) will follow, based on http://font-store.github.io/font-testing-page/
Also want to make a Greek version, but need text strings for it.

Thank you Pablo!

Un Abrazo
Pablo Impallari

Dave Crossland

Jul 1, 2015, 3:50:23 PM7/1/15

On 1 July 2015 at 15:48, Pablo Impallari <impa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Also want to make a Greek version, but need text strings for it.

Tharique Azeez

Jul 1, 2015, 3:52:02 PM7/1/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pablo,

Thank you for integrating the Tamil version into main Testing site. Cheers.

Best smile,
Tharique Azeez

Pablo Impallari

Jul 1, 2015, 3:57:06 PM7/1/15
to googlefonts-discuss

Pria Ravichandran

Jul 2, 2015, 1:16:16 PM7/2/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pablo and Tharique., Thanks so much for the testing pages. I have been using Tharique's version for a bit now. Great work, and its exciting!

Best,
Pria

Erin McLaughlin

Jul 14, 2015, 11:50:03 PM7/14/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com, saysomethin...@gmail.com
Hi guys!

Has anyone started work on a Kannada tester? If not, I can volunteer to help with this. How would you like me to approach it? Should I make a fork and try to make changes based on the Tamil (and Sinhala) pages?

Thanks,
Erin

Pablo Impallari

Jul 15, 2015, 12:23:41 AM7/15/15
to googlefonts-discuss, Pria R
Hi Erin,

If you are comfortable editing HTML & JavaScript, I can prepare the structure of the Kannada pages in advance, so all you have to do is to edit the files and replace the text strings.
If not, you can simply send me the text strings as plain text in a email, and I will copy/paste them into the testing page.

(The same also applies for everyone else who want to develop any other script.)

Erin McLaughlin

Jul 15, 2015, 2:01:54 AM7/15/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com, impa...@gmail.com, saysomethin...@gmail.com
Awesome! Yes I think I should be able to insert the stuff myself, but whatever is easier for you! I'll start getting some text ready :)

THANKS!!!