Aparanji Telugu Unicode Libre Font

Ambarisha Darbha

Sep 15, 2015, 2:44:47 AM9/15/15
to Google Fonts Discussions
Font Name : Aparanji (అపరంజి) means Gold
Telugu 90% work done and Latin Letter work started

Purushoth Kumar Guttula is working on the font. Currently working on Latin Characters.. Please find the attached sample of the font...

Also provide us your valuable feedback and suggestions. We'll update progress here frequently..

- Appaji Ambarisha Darbha

New Telugu Font.jpg
English for Aparanji.jpg

Dave Crossland

Sep 17, 2015, 5:04:50 PM9/17/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I recommend reviewing the type on mobile web pages; I think some of the subtle detail may be lost, and perhaps the 'white spaces' between and around letters could be increased to aid legibility on web mobile.

The latin has details which are unusual, I recommend closely studying historical models to determine where to add flourishing curls

Cheers,
Dave

Prathyusha S

Jul 30, 2018, 12:57:16 PM7/30/18
to Google Fonts Discussions
Hello sir,

I'm Prathyusha studying Master Of Design in IIT Guwahati. I'm interested in typography. I would like to know anatomy of Telugu script and the methods you follow while designing a typeface. If you could help me, I would be grateful.

Thank you,
Prathyusha Sajja