laimoon arabic

Mohamed Gaber

Jul 6, 2015, 1:58:26 PM7/6/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I wanna share with you my project Laimoon, a display arabic/urdu/persian font,
you can find the project on github to stay updated as work is still in progress.
right now i have an alpha release that will need some curves clean up before marrying it to the latin font Lemon

stay tuned..

cheers,
Gaber
laimoon-preview.pdf

Mohamed Gaber

Jul 13, 2015, 2:14:32 PM7/13/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com, ga...@gaberism.net
Today i will start the work on adding the latin font Lemon and most important is to work on the curves,
i noticed some curves needs to be fixed and cleaned
so i will be working this week on mainly cleaning curves and adding the latin to start the testing process

Mohamed Gaber

Jul 30, 2015, 6:21:06 PM7/30/15
to googlefonts-discuss
I finished the work on the regular weight, added latin philosopher,
all arabic curves got a recheck, cleaning and harmonizing the curves.
starting from tomorrow i will start with the bold weight
will add lating bold philosopher and recheck the curves

p.s. Name of the project changed again to El-Messiri after the name of "Abdel Wahab El-Messiri" who was a great egyptian philosopher :)

Mohamed Gaber | محمد جابر
http://portfolio.gaberism.net/
MN: +20 100 332 4822 | Blog: www.gaberism.net
Skype: che.guebara
| Twitter: @Gue3bara

Eduardo Rodríguez Tunni

Jul 30, 2015, 6:36:26 PM7/30/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gaber,

I worked on regular master to Lemon the last week.
Let me know what do you think about this.

Cheers,
Edu

black.png
light.png
bold.png
regular.png

Mohamed Gaber

Jul 30, 2015, 6:42:26 PM7/30/15
to googlefonts-discuss
Hello Tunni,
looks perfect to me,
I think i should delete this thread as it's gonna make confusion with our original project and we should start a new thread for lemonada so we start documenting the process.
when do you think you can provide me with the master files?
excited for our collaboration

Dave Crossland

Jul 30, 2015, 6:43:54 PM7/30/15
to googlefonts-discuss
No need to delete this thread, but I agree to start a new thread on the new project.

Mohamed Gaber

Jul 30, 2015, 6:45:47 PM7/30/15
to googlefonts-discuss
On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 12:43 AM, Dave Crossland <da...@lab6.com> wrote:
No need to delete this thread, but I agree to start a new thread on the new project.

deal,

please Tunni, start a new thread with the latest updates you worked on so we can get everyone's feedback too

Mohamed Gaber

Jul 31, 2015, 11:05:35 PM7/31/15
to Google Fonts Discussions
Today work on bold:
- worked on revising some glyphs rechecking curves and testing

Tomorrow:
- finalizing all marks and working on more arabic & urdu glyphs

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 12:45:47 AM UTC+2, Mohamed Gaber wrote:
On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 12:43 AM, Dave Crossland <da...@lab6.com> wrote:
No need to delete this thread, but I agree to start a new thread on the new project.

deal,

please Tunni, start a new thread with the latest updates you worked on so we can get everyone's feedback too

Mohamed Gaber

Aug 2, 2015, 12:16:31 AM8/2/15
to Google Fonts Discussions
Today:
- I finished the tashkeel marks and worked on more arabic glyphs recheck and harmonizing curves

i still need two more days of work and font file will be ready for beta testing

Eduardo Rodríguez Tunni

Aug 5, 2015, 5:02:57 PM8/5/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gaber,

I'm so close to finish the master files for Lemon.

Pending signs:
  • Monetary
  • Mathematical
  • Some punctuation
Cheers,
Edu

On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 5:05:35 AM UTC+2, Mohamed Gaber wrote:
Today work on bold:
- worked on revising some glyphs rechecking curves and testing

Tomorrow:
- finalizing all marks and working on more arabic & urdu glyphs

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 12:45:47 AM UTC+2, Mohamed Gaber wrote:
On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 12:43 AM, Dave Crossland <da...@lab6.com> wrote:
No need to delete this thread, but I agree to start a new thread on the new project.

deal,

please Tunni, start a new thread with the latest updates you worked on so we can get everyone's feedback too

Mohamed Gaber | محمد جابر
http://portfolio.gaberism.net/
MN: +20 100 332 4822 | Blog: www.gaberism.net
Skype: che.guebara
| Twitter: @Gue3bara

Bold-Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 5.45.37 PM.png
Light-Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 5.45.11 PM.png
Reg-Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 5.45.23 PM.png

Mohamed Gaber

Aug 6, 2015, 1:03:46 PM8/6/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Thats awesome news
Can you pleqse strt a nee thread for lemonada to start posting all these updates to?

Mohamed Gaber

Aug 9, 2015, 11:08:52 PM8/9/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Today:
finished all letters for arabic, urdu, persian

tomorrow:
will add all numbers and generate font files
then font will be ready for further testing and reviewing for feedback

Dave Crossland

Sep 3, 2015, 7:08:04 PM9/3/15
to googlefonts-discuss

On 9 August 2015 at 23:08, Mohamed Gaber <ga...@gaberism.net> wrote:
then font will be ready for further testing and reviewing for feedback

What's the latest?
Message has been deleted

Mohamed Gaber

Sep 3, 2015, 10:58:22 PM9/3/15
to Google Fonts Discussions, da...@lab6.com
I'm sorry i got confused a little here because of the mixing in the name between the two projects :),

Latest update is i did a full review of the curves and letters  for both weights and the font is in a beta phase now ready for further testing
by the end of the next week i will have ligatures added which i think enhanced readability and made a difference with Cairo so i will do the same here then be ready for further testing

Mohamed Gaber

Sep 22, 2015, 12:44:31 AM9/22/15
to Google Fonts Discussions, da...@lab6.com
Today:
- I worked on checking and ulternating the positionning of tashkeel marks for easier readability on small sizes
- i added 85% of the ligatures which will need one more working day to be done snd the font to be ready for further testing

Mohamed Gaber

Sep 22, 2015, 10:44:58 PM9/22/15
to Google Fonts Discussions, da...@lab6.com
Today i finished the ligatures for the bold weight
Tomorrow i will work on the ligatures for the regular weight
The font file now 130kb but i believe it should be below that so i sill also be working on that too

Cheers,
Gaber

Also as with my other project cairo i will publish the github page for the project with live testing tool

Cheers,
Gaber

Dave Crossland

Sep 23, 2015, 12:19:43 AM9/23/15
to googlefonts-discuss
Awesome work, thanks Gaber!

Mohamed Gaber

Sep 25, 2015, 11:00:46 PM9/25/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, 23 September 2015, Dave Crossland <da...@lab6.com> wrote:
Awesome work, thanks Gaber!

Thank you Dave for the supporting words really needed now days

Today:
I worked on testing the bold weight's ligatures and fixed couple issues with the connecting anchors
Also started working on the regular weight ligatures expecting to get them done by Monday max