Ysabeau: The Book Sans

Christian Thalmann

Dec 4, 2020, 6:00:29 PM12/4/20
to Google Fonts Discussions

This thread is for discussing the Ysabeau typeface, which will be adopted into the Google Fonts library early next year.

The Ysabeau project aims to distill the essence of Garamond into a sans-serif typeface. Since it keeps the time-honored shapes and proportions of Garamond alive, it is exceptionally comfortable for extended reading among the sans world. My dream is that it will eventually be used for book printing. It's certainly also decorative enough to use for editorial purposes!

Ysabeau's upright spans three masters from Hairline over Bold to Black, whereas the Italic is currently still missing the Black master, and therefore the heaviest few instances for the time being. The instances up to Bold should be finished enough to use in production in both styles. I'm happy to disclose that Google Fonts is funding me towards completion of the typeface.

Cheers, Christian

Christian Thalmann

Dec 8, 2020, 4:49:29 PM12/8/20
to Google Fonts Discussions
I've opened up a separate thread for the reviewing process of Ysabeau Cyrillic over here.