OFL with Reserved Font Name - A question

Tharique Azeez

Jun 19, 2015, 3:48:20 AM6/19/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave and the list,

I have updated the Latin Counterpart of the Pavanam to match with the design of Tamil letterforms, as you may have seen in the forum. Latest version is in action here: http://enathu.github.io/pavanam/

For that I am using Pontano Sans by Vernon Adams as the Latin counterpart, and I checked the OFL of it other day, (https://github.com/google/fonts/blob/6d647f94f616f1769c218a0cb52037c77d1f3fff/ofl/pontanosans/OFL.txt) and that said, it's released with Reserved Font Name (RFN). I am wondering whether is it okay to adopt a font that being released under OFL with RFN? Please enlighten me.

Thank you very much.

Best smile,
Tharique Azeez

Pria Ravichandran

Jun 19, 2015, 4:06:58 AM6/19/15
to googlefon...@googlegroups.com
Yes., it just means you can't use the same name for your work.

Tharique Azeez