Filtering Jobs Using Shared Resources

Tianyi Wu

Oct 7, 2022, 3:16:55 PM10/7/22
to Google cluster data - discussions
Dear Google cluster data researchers,

We are doing research on the effects of job interference and I was wondering if it is possible to filter jobs using the same resources.

The current thought is to look at all jobs under the same machine id and find jobs running at the same time by looking at run time. Is there a more efficient way to do so?

Thank you for your time! Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Tianyi

Md Ehtesam Haque

Oct 9, 2022, 3:11:51 PM10/9/22
to googlecluste...@googlegroups.com
"using the same resources" I assume you meant while running on the same machine.

Yes, your approach would be the most precise option. You can also use the resource usage table. Each usage entry includes collection id, index and machine id for the following 5 minutes. So, you can aggregate by machine id.

Best Regards.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Google cluster data - discussions" group. To post to this group, send email to googlecluste...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to googleclusterdata-...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/googleclusterdata-discuss?hl=en-US.
---

Tianyi Wu

Oct 21, 2022, 1:53:48 PM10/21/22
to Google cluster data - discussions
Hi,

Thank you so much for your response. I do mean running on the same machine with "using the same resources".
I just have a quick clarification question: With resource usage table, do you mean the "instance_usage table" in the 2019 trace data? If so, I had some difficulties finding usage entries.

Thank you so much for your help.
Best,
Tianyi

Nan Deng

Jan 31, 2023, 6:55:48 PM1/31/23
to Google cluster data - discussions
Yes. He meant instance_usage table. Can you clarify your problem with finding usage entries? It's there in every data entry, cpu and memory.