Small bug in all iGoogle themes (I know how to fix them, too)

Riax

Dec 11, 2007, 8:18:00 PM12/11/07
I posted this in another group before finding this one. Please remove
the other post if necessary (Google Web Search Help > Personalizing
Google). Thanks.

////////////////////////////////
// The bug:
////////////////////////////////
I've noticed a small bug in each of the iGoogle themes. It doesn't
interfere with function at all, and you can only see it if your
resolution is set high enough. The GIF background used for gadget
headers is 600 pixels wide. On my 1440x1200 monitor using a 3-column,
narrow-wide-narrow iG layout, the the width of the middle column is
almost twice that. The problem is that the background image stops; it
doesn't repeat as it should.

////////////////////////////////
// The fix:
////////////////////////////////
Being extremely well-versed in CSS 2, I knew immediately how to solve
the problem. Each theme's main stylesheet has a line that looks
something like this (I'm currently using the Solar System theme):

.modtitle, .modtitle_s {background:#ffb473 url('http://
img0.gmodules.com/ig/images/skins/planets/mars/mt_back.gif') no-
repeat;border:1px #e59650 solid;padding:0px 8px;}

If the (between the quotes) "no-repeat" part were changed to (again,
between the quotes) "repeat-x" in each stylesheet, the problem would
be solved.

// Additional Comments:
Now, since I've done all the work, minus a few find+replace routines,
the first Google employee to see this has absolutely no excuse not to
fix this. Again, this bug has absolutely no effect on the
functionality of iGoogle, but it's still something I believe should be
fixed.