Google Bookmarks quirk...very annoying.

jed...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2007, 12:32:52 AM3/1/07
This happened sometime in the not too distant past, as I ran for many
months without this behavior. When you add a Yahoo Groups link into
your Google Bookmarks, if you link it directly to the group's message
section, it alters the link to the first page of posts, regardless of
what page you specified.

Prior to this, if you linked directly to the messages section, it
would take you to the newest post available. This isn't a huge deal,
but Google is obviously doing this intentionally and I'd like it to
not. I linked to where I specified for a reason.

group/Munchkin_guild/)

Steps to reproduce:

#1 - Add Bookmark, specify any name, paste the Group Message URL in.
Ensure that it does NOT say viscount=100.
#2 - Hit the add button. VERIFY the URL by hovering on it before you
hit save. It will still not include the viscount=100 portion.
#3 - Save
#4 - Look at URL. It has now been modified.

Very annoying!