Google Files already possible

fbrunner

Mar 25, 2007, 5:34:57 PM3/25/07
Hello,

I read about a suggestion of a yahoo like "briefcase" to share files
with Google, but I think it is already possible.

*For video files you can use *Google Video* or *YouTube*
** http://video.google.com
** http://www.youtube.com

*For pictures and other images you can use *Google Picasa*. At the
moment you can store files up to 1024 MB and the storage capacity is
still increasing.
** http://picasa.google.com
** http://picasaweb.google.com

*For documents and spreadsheets you can use *Google Docs and
Spreadsheets*. Although the original files are converted during the
upload process, you are able to share documents from MS Word or
OpenOffice or other word processing software (.rtf) and spreadsheets
from MS Excel or OpenOffice or other spreadsheet applications (.csv).
** http://docs.google.com

*For all other files you can use your own Google homepage using
*Google Page Creator*. You are able to use up to 100 MB (or 50 I am
not sure) for your files. You could provide a simple page with the
links to the files or you can send the links directly to your friends
or use the files within links on other websites (e.g. within forums).
** http://pages.google.com

*Additionally you could use a Google group for sharing files. With
*Google Groups* you can simply create your own group and then you are
able to upload files and these files are either accessibly via the
groups page or via a direct link.
You have about 100 MB.
** http://groups.google.com

btw: one could write a widget or a browser plugin that uses the
services described above and the only thing the user has to do, is to
select the file and the tool automatically chooses the right service
to achieve the task. (e.g. Picasa for your photo collection). After
the upload the tool tells you the exact link location. That would be
nice. But it is just a suggestions.

Best Regards,
Flo