iGoogle - iLife?

1 view

fbrunner

May 1, 2007, 7:11:11 AM5/1/07
As you may have noticed Google introduced the "iGoogle" logo for the
Google personalized page. Why do they always think a small letter
before a brand name must be a great idea?

Apple did it and apple had a good deal with it, e.g. iPod, iTunes,
iMac. Nearly everything has the characteristic letter before the
product name. As a result a lot of people (including myself) see a
relation with Apple everywhere they read an 'i' before the product
name. Therefore I do not think it is a good idea to use "iGoogle" as a
product name. You should definitely stay with "Google".

There are also several products with an "e" in front of their name,
but "eGoogle" does not sound good either.

Please think about it...

rossd...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2007, 6:59:08 PM6/25/07

yea its like myGoogle or something. but as usual maybe we don't have
the whole story and there is a real reason other than "its
neat!" [rolls eyes]. at any rate... i agree with you.