Google Personal Homepage wishlist

Will Pittenger

Mar 4, 2007, 10:30:18 PM3/4/07
*The ability to refresh one gadget without refreshing the entire
page. It is rather frustrating on my dialup connection to save option
changes for one gadget and see the entire page refresh. Same if
something changes the Google logo.

*Global gadgets -- I have some gadgets that I would like to have an
effect on all tabs. Currently gadgets that change styles for the page
only affect that tab. Hence, if there were a special tab whose
contents appeared globally, that would help.

*Background loading for non-current tabs -- This would allow tabs that
are not the current tab to preload allowing for faster tab switchs.
Background tabs would not start loading until the current tab is done.

fbrunner

Mar 11, 2007, 6:22:02 AM3/11/07

I only have a small wish... I would like to have the "Your
personalized Page"-link back. At the moment I have to log in using
http://www.google.com and my credentials. Now I am logged in, but the
only thing that happens, is that my mailaddress apperars on the right
top of the page.

If I want to go to my personalized page, i have to enter "http://
www.google.com/ig?hl=de" for the german page or "http://www.google.com/
ig?hl=en" for the english one and I don't want to do that, I just want
to make a click.

dolb...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2007, 1:48:22 PM3/22/07
The new themes for the personalized home page is awesome.

A theme that could be based on your Google Finance portfolio value (or
a n index of a market) would be pretty cool. Maybe a forest with some
bears at down times, or a pasture with bulls at up times. That general
idea.

Having this ambient display is really awesome, there are so many
possibilities!

Vaguel...@gmail.com

May 20, 2007, 9:29:11 PM5/20/07
I like the new themes for the personalized page, but I don't like the
toolbar "Web Images Video News Maps Gmail more" at the top. It breaks
with the rest of the page being un-customizable and plain. I want an
option to remove that.