Bring Back Google Compute!

theagen...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2005, 8:20:15 AM12/15/05
Or at the very least make the older toolbar and it's compute function
available again.

-Martin

Kevo

Dec 16, 2005, 11:37:41 PM12/16/05
I sent them an email about why they decided to basically discontinue
the project and this was their response.

"Thank you for your interest in Google Compute. We are currently
focusing
all of our energy on developing Google Compute and other Google Labs
prototypes. Due to this fact, we are unable to provide personal
to the email we receive. However, we are monitoring all of your
feedback
and suggestions and will keep them in mind as we work to improve Google
Compute.

To further assist our users, we have created a discussion forum on
Google
Groups where you can exchange information with other Google Compute
users.
You can access the news group at:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=google.public.labs.compute

We encourage you to post your email to this forum and join other Google
Compute users in sharing your thoughts and expertise.

Thanks again for your feedback and for using Google Compute.

Regards,

The Google Team"

cse...@gmail.com

Dec 25, 2005, 10:29:45 AM12/25/05
Interesting mail, lol ;/

hell0.com

Jan 21, 2006, 2:35:25 AM1/21/06
Why even bother with google compute? The berkeley project "BOINC"
allows you to donate unused computer cycles to a whole host of
nonprofit projects. Folding at home is not supported by it, but
"Predictor@home" is, which is very similar. Also, BOINC is open source.

mick.h...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2006, 7:58:14 PM2/4/06

nbmsho...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2006, 3:05:21 AM2/28/06
I didn't knnow this forum was here. I just sent an e-mail to google

I ran the old seti@home and now run the BOINC client. It is incredibly
easy to use and they have 10 or 11 projects running on it now. it is
OPEN source (free) and I think you guys should promote it instead of
rewriting the software (reinventing the wheel). The code is modifyable
so your programmers could improve at will and I'm sure some sort of
arrangement could be reached with BERKLEY for you to promote it instead
of your own. Seti alone had millions of users and now there are
projects from protein folding to gravity wave detection to improving
CERN accelerator. Anyway just my suggestion.

the reply I got was exactly the same as the reply KEVO got (see above
post)