GWT Eclipse Plugin is not compatible with Eclipse 2022-03

eliasb...@gmail.com

May 2, 2022, 9:17:23 AM5/2/22
to GWT Users
Until Eclipse 2021-03 (4.19) the GWT Eclipse Plugin is still working.

Under Eclipse 2022-03, the preferences page, the GWT Development view and the run configurations are not accessible.

This is crucial for certain teams relying on GWT Eclipse Plugin for running applications from within the Eclipse IDE and locks users to Eclipse 2021-03 permanently, unless this can be fixed.

Craig Mitchell

May 3, 2022, 6:56:47 PM5/3/22
to GWT Users
I'm on Eclipse 2021-09 (4.21.0) and it works fine.

However, after this version, the Google plugin stops working  https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/google-cloud-eclipse/issues/3659  so I haven't tried later versions.

foal

May 14, 2022, 2:09:32 PM5/14/22
to GWT Users
I am on Eclipse 4.22 (STS 4.13.1) and plugin still works (https://github.com/gwt-plugins/gwt-eclipse-plugin

eliasb...@gmail.com

May 22, 2022, 5:16:34 AM5/22/22
to GWT Users
Interesting...

But you are using STS distribution not the standard, perhaps something is different in the STS distribution compared to the primary Eclipse Foundation's distribution.

hprc

May 22, 2022, 10:46:42 PM5/22/22
to GWT Users

It's certainly interesting.
However, do you recognize that the development of [GWT Eclipse Plugin] will not be continued anymore?
2022年5月22日日曜日 18:16:34 UTC+9 eliasb...@gmail.com:

eliasb...@gmail.com

May 23, 2022, 5:57:01 PM5/23/22
to GWT Users
[GWT Eclipse Plugin] has served us very well.

It is quite unfortunate but I fear the time for putting it to rest is approaching, if it hasn't already come.

I just don't want to give up yet :-)

hprc

May 23, 2022, 6:37:41 PM5/23/22
to GWT Users

I also use the GWT Eclipse Plugin.
Currently, the Eclipse side is up to 202103, and seems to be up to JDK1.8.

The official documentation still only describes this plugin, so I'd like you to add a method with the Moven plugin as soon as possible.
(Preferably with illustrations)
2022年5月24日火曜日 6:57:01 UTC+9 eliasb...@gmail.com:

eliasb...@gmail.com

May 24, 2022, 3:08:45 AM5/24/22
to GWT Users
This seems to be working finally.

To my surprise, I repeated the experiment and [GWT Eclipse Plugin] is fully accessible and operational.

I am now confused.

mtil...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2022, 11:13:44 AM6/24/22
to GWT Users
Any clue about how you got it to work? It still don't work for me on 2022-03. It installs but does not really add anything. On 2022-06 it refuses to install.

eliasb...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2023, 7:00:49 AM1/6/23
to GWT Users
I believe I was using the GWT Eclipse Plugin content from Eclipse Marketplace which does not exist anymore.

Abhishek Yadav

Jan 6, 2023, 7:17:28 AM1/6/23
to GWT Users
Hi All

You can use the GWT eclipse plugin which is made compatible with latest version of eclipse 4.26(2022-12) by someone from the GWT community. I am providing the link below.
http://keeitsi.com/software/eclipse-plugins/

I am using this plugin and it works perfectly fine on the latest version of eclipse.

eliasb...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2023, 7:26:00 AM1/6/23
to GWT Users
Many thanks, this is great.

I was planning to wait for the official release, but since you are that much satisfied I will give it a try.

M Krastev

Jan 17, 2023, 3:53:04 AM1/17/23
to GWT Users

Would you, please, share the source code?

Thanks